New Insight custom field - How to mimic the "Restrict to User related objects" option

Thomas Scheibelhofer March 28, 2018

Hello,

as it seems, this option does not exist any more for the new fields, but i can't get an IQL to work which does exactly that.

So far i've added Groups to the objects i want to restrict to certain locations and companies, but i do not know how to do this with IQL.

My Group-Attribute is called 'Available for'.

I've been trying to get something like this to work, none of these work.

currentReporter() IN "Available for"

currentReporter() IN jiraGroup("Available for")

"Available for" = currentUser()

Basically what i need is

'User' in 'Group'

I hope someone out there knows how i can configure this, otherwise i'll have to stick with the deprecated fields.

BR

3 answers

1 vote
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2018

Hi Thomas,

This functionality is not yet in place in the new custom field, as that kind of IQL is not supported yet. This is something that we plan to include in the upcoming 5.5 version, so until then, keep on using the deprecated field.

Cheers!
Alexander

Thomas Scheibelhofer March 29, 2018

Great, thank you very much, Alexander!

Do you have a rough estimate on the timeline of v 5.5?

Best regards
Thomas

Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2018

Hi Thomas,

Currently there isn't any official release date. But I would estimate that this is to be released within the coming months.

Cheers
Alexander

Thomas Scheibelhofer March 29, 2018

Thanks!

BR

MarieClaire Fnk May 29, 2018

Now that 5.5 has been released, how can this functionality be replicated in the new Insight Object custom field?

Thomas Scheibelhofer June 7, 2018

Hi Alexander,

not there's 5.5 and i also can't get this to work.

The 'restrict to user related objects' option isn't back and i can't figure out which IQL to use. Do you have any advice here?

"currentUser()" IN group(${Available for})

Thanks

Jan Odvárka August 20, 2018

Hello,

I definitely need to have possibility from old CF "Restrict to User related objects"

Do we have this possibility in the latest release? I cannot find any information.

What if I will create an old deprecated CF? Does it something risky? Because it will immediately solve my need to restrict objects to currently logged users.

Thanks for advice.

Jan

Thomas Scheibelhofer August 21, 2018

Hi Jan,

my solution was the following (thanks to the Riada support):

"Available for" having user("currentReporter()") in the Filter Issue Scope (IQL).

'Available for' being the Group-Attribute.

BR

Thomas

Jan Odvárka August 21, 2018

Hi Thomas,

thanks a lot :)

Kind regards,

Jan

0 votes
Deleted user June 25, 2018

Also interested in knowing how to replace "Insight Objects (multiple) (deprecated)" fields.

Thomas Scheibelhofer June 25, 2018

Hi,

i got it to work thanks to the Riada support:

"Available for" having user("currentReporter()")

Available for is the Object Attribute in which i fill Groups.

Best regards

0 votes
MarieClaire Fnk May 29, 2018

Now that 5.5 has been released, how can this functionality be replicated in the new Insight Object custom field?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events