New Created Filter not Appearing when you select Add test Cases in a Test Cycle

Shane Parkinson October 7, 2012

When a new test cycle is created and you select "Add Test Cases" from the Cog menu, the dialog has to abiluty to add tests based on a Filter. I created a new filter, shared with the project, but this filter does not get listed in the drop down list. Whether the filter is public shared with everyone, shared by project or user groups etc, nothing seems to enable the filter to get displayed in the drop-down list.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2012

Hi Shane,

Zephyr 1.6 is now out. This issue should be resolved.

Kind Regards,

Chris

Edit: Here is a picture of the performance. Now you can type characters in the search filter and you be given a list of the filter names that match your string.

Shane Parkinson December 2, 2012

Yes Zephyr 1.6 has resolved this problem, which is great.

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2012

The search filter list is currently populated by the order of public searches by creation date and brings in the first 400 or so. We understand this can cause some limitations. So we've changed it!

Zephyr 1.6, due out within a few weeks, will have type to prompt functionality so that when you type the name of a filter in you will get the top 15 hits on what you type. The new funcationality will also allow you to select more than one filter.

Kind Regards,

Chris

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2012

Hi Shane,

How many filters do you see in the drop down list? Have you checked the very bottom of the list?

Kind Regards,

Chris

Shane Parkinson November 12, 2012

In the drop down box there is a total of 405 filters displayed which appear to be in a non alphabetically order. What is driver the order by I can't work out. If I run a search on on all queries in this jira instance there is a total of 861 filters

The tow screen shots below so the drop down with the start of the list and the second image shows what you see when you are at the bottom of the list. There appears to be no logical order that I can see unless it's something like Date Created, whcih you can see when you perform a manage filters search

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events