Need "Approval Complete" trigger for Jira Automation

kumar Gajapaka September 13, 2018

Currently, we are using Jira Service desk 3.14.1 and we don't have any plugins. The only plugin we have "Automation lite for Jira"

Recently, one of our user has project administrator access for "ABC" project, attempting to use the Automation functionality to add labels to indicate which team approver approved a specific request (Automation Rule:Set Switch request team label).

Can anyone please tell me how to add the "Approval Complete" option so that the when trigger for the Set Switch request Team label Automation rule is triggered when an issue is actually approved?

2 answers

1 vote
Scott Harwood
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2018

Hi Kumar,

So if I understand you correctly, you want to trigger a rule when the approval is completed? 

If that is the case, I assume that after approval is complete, the issue is transitioned to a new status? You could use an issue transitioned trigger, then check the destination status. Would this work?

Thanks,

Scott.

kumar Gajapaka October 16, 2018

Thanks for the response. I will try whether it works or not?

0 votes
jared.terry January 9, 2019

Similar question here, but doing no status change.

Issue:  The main "Automating your Service Desk" document shows "Approval Complete" as an available trigger.

Yet the "Automating your Service Desk" document specific to 3.16 makes no mention of it.  It isn't an available option in 3.12 nor apparently in 3.14 as Kumar would have seen it.  So we have a listed feature which is actually missing?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events