Multiple Projects/Structure

AJ November 9, 2017

Need suggestion if I am using structure properly or not.  

Here is what I need.  I have many different projects.  All projects have the similar tasks.  I want to be able to see each of the projects at a high level and detailed level as individual projects and also together in one place.  

What I have done is created a template structure.  I plan to use that as the template to create a structure for each project.  Then a created a structure of structure to see all of them in one place.   Is that the best way of handling my need or is there some other best practice? 

1 answer

0 votes
Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2017

Hi, AJ,

Adding a structure per project is probably not very convenient. Depending on overall number of issues you can put all projects in your template structure with grouping by project at the top level. Then for individual projects you can use transformations filter project=Project_Name Note that if you go into project's page, and select the structure button (at the bottom left) such structures already contain such transformation.

Please, let me know if above helps. Alternatively, you can do as you described: one structure per project with master structure - the one described by me.

Regards,
Egor

AJ November 10, 2017

Thanks for your input Egor.

I am using a waterfall approach and and each project is a complete end-to-end cycle (concept to rollout).  Each project will be about 250 "issues".   That is why my plan to create a template structure (project plan) and then each individual project can copy from that structure and create their own structure (project plan).  

Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2017

Hi, AJ,

Well, if you do not already have a large number of projects you can indeed create structures one by one and add them to the master structure on the go.

Regards,
Egor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events