Moving issues between projects

Lauren November 30, 2017

I'm trying to automate the process of incoming tickets to project A with a specific issue type to move to a project B - is this possible?

The way my company set up our Jira ticketing system, we're trying to have one place for tickets to get submitted - and the tickets go to their specific project.

I figured when a user submits a ticket with a specific issue type, the ticket would go to it's specific project, but that's not happening. Please help. Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2017

Hello Lauren, 

Could you clarify do you want to on Jira Service Desk to Jira Software? If so read this thread

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Questions/Move-Issues-from-JIRA-Service-Desk-to-JIRA-Software/qaq-p/439766

If you want to between Jira Core or Jira Software, you can do it.

Next moment was how to automate process, after read your use case, I can only suggest write own plugin or write groovy/sil script.

From your use case, I don't understand which process do you want to automate. Because If you automate moving process, I don't why you need project A, in fact, many issues will be moved.

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

Lauren December 4, 2017

It's actually moving an issue from one project to another project in Jira Service Desk I believe.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events