Move Tempo worklogs from several tickets to one, in bulk

Neil Williams October 31, 2013

Hi,

We have several 'internal' type tickets for recording time, using Tempo. We'd like to make some changes to these.

I would like to close and delete six of these tickets in order to replace the six with one ticket.

The sticking point is the moving of the existing worklogs from the old tickets to the new ones. It can be done manually for each worklog in the web interface, but I may be looking at hundreds (or more!) of entries.

I'd be happy doing this at the database level (using MySQL), but I want to be sure it is safe. Can someone confirm the best process to acheive this?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2013

Hi Neil,

you can use MySQL, but it is not without risk and not supported. The table in the Database is "Worklog" and you should make sure to stop your server before making changes to the Database.

It might be easier to create the new Internal issue and include the old ones there as subtasks instead of deleting them.

Best regards

Susanne (Tempo)

Neil Williams November 6, 2013

Thanks, we'll keep the tickets for legacy information.

Would it be possible to put such a feature (supporting the merging of tickets) into some future release? It's not something I can see being used often but would be a nice-to-have feature.

0 votes
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2022

Recent update: The ability to bulk move, bulk edit, bulk delete worklogs is now available in Tempo Cloud.

Here's the documentation link: https://help.tempo.io/cloud/en/tempo-timesheets/setting-up-and-configuring-tempo-timesheets/managing-worklogs-in-bulk/moving-worklogs-in-bulk.html

It's not available in Server/Data Center though. The idea to vote on is here if you need it in Server/Data Center: https://ideas.tempo.io/ideas/T-I-1151

Best,

Carolyn

Tempo Customer Success

0 votes
Adam Miladinovic September 9, 2022

Hi, I see these are some older posts, is this migration of Tempo Timesheets in bulk from one ticket to the other possible now or not?

BR Adam 

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2022

Hi @Adam Miladinovic -

The ability to bulk move, bulk edit, bulk delete worklogs is now available in Tempo Cloud.

Here's the documentation link: https://help.tempo.io/cloud/en/tempo-timesheets/setting-up-and-configuring-tempo-timesheets/managing-worklogs-in-bulk/moving-worklogs-in-bulk.html

It's not available in Server/Data Center though.

Best,

Carolyn

Tempo Customer Success

Like Adam Miladinovic likes this
Adam Miladinovic September 9, 2022

Hi Carolyn,

thank you this helps a lot. 

BR, Adam

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2022

Glad to help out! I'm going to also post as an answer so that others see it.

Carolyn

Tempo Customer Success

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2013

This is not supported in our current Tempo Timesheets version, but you can create a feature request in our Atlassian JIRA (https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/TT).

Other users with similar requests can vote on these issues and contribute by adding comments that will help Tempo developers implement the request.

Francois Hohwiller August 9, 2018

Hi I have tried your link but it seems that you have reorganised a bit since 2013 ....
Can you provide the irght projetc/board so that I can also vote for this change or create it again

BR François

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events