Modifying look of customfield by Behaviour plugin

Clemens Luebbers September 9, 2015

I have read examples in documentation of Behaviour plugin how to require / hide a field with serverside scripts (setHidden, setRequired).

Is there any documentation available, which further methods are available? Can the description text be modified? Can the background color of the field be modified?

Purpose:
If specific condition is fulfilled, I want to give clearly visible signal to user, that comment field is visible to specific group. Approach is to set this signal by special background color of comment or by adding big / colored description text below comment field.

1 answer

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2015

You can set the description of a field, which will replace the one underneath the field. You can use html in that description so you can make it big and blue if you like.

Because you are adding html to the DOM, you can also add stylesheet rules for other elements, eg change the entire background of that field, although it's probably not particularly advisable. If Atlassian change the structure of the DOM, that could stop working.

Clemens Luebbers September 11, 2015

Thanks for the answer. As I only want to set background color under specific conditions I am probably back to Javascript (on client side). However - is there some documentation which methods are available on fields in serverside scripts? Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events