Missing worklogs in Jira REST API using Tempo Plugin

Alex Galisteo June 5, 2017

We are using Jira Cloud with Tempo plugin since long ago.

To retrieve the worklogs we have been using the Jira REST API like this:

https://{company}.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/worklog/updated?since=1496180000000

Until last month it worked perfectly, but since May 2017 there are a lot of missing worklogs in the REST response.

Searching I found this REST API from Tempo that seems to show all the worklogs:

https://{company}.atlassian.net/rest/tempo-timesheets/3/worklogs?dateFrom=2017-05-31

But I prefer not to rely on a worklog API, since some day maybe we change it.

What happened? Can I do anything to bring the missing worklogs to Jira API?

I see there are other users with the same bug: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Questions/Tempo-Worklogs-not-Returned-in-Jira-API/qaq-p/590392

1 answer

0 votes
jmuukka June 23, 2017

I have an integration software and one of my client started using a new version of Tempo and since then the new worklogs are not in JIRA so my integration cannot transfer worklogs. It's a huge problem for them, because their invoicing is done in the other system and it's based on worklogs!

I also noticed that the worklogs can be retrieved from Tempo using their API, but the worklogs do not appear in any JIRA API which I tried.

So, I just wonder what happened with that Tempo plugin? Is there a setting that it would transfer worklogs to JIRA as before?

I would not want to write code to transfer worklogs from Tempo, since it does not have support for getting changed worklogs since specific date/time. With its current API we can only get worklogs since specific date. How long backwards we should read the data to get all data? Some people may enter worklogs at the end of month, for example, or edit some worklogs s/he entered 3 weeks ago. If you read one month backwards, then you read 99% which has not changed. That's a lot of processing in integration to try to figure out the changes.

So, please let us use JIRA API and do not let Tempo plugin mess up with the logic!

Alex Galisteo June 23, 2017

@Jarmo,

I've talked with Tempo. The short answer is: Tempo will no long store the worklogs on Jira (since May 2017), so the Jira API will not be avilable any more for Tempo users. If you ever leave Tempo, you will lose all your worklogs. Reason of the change: because some kind of unlikely limitations of the new Atlassian Framework.

My workarround is to use an alternative add-on like Work Time Calendar from now on. It is compatible with Tempo, and until we migrate all missing worklogs from Tempo to WorkTime, we will keep both systems. In the future, we will leave Tempo.

Work Time Calendar works fine, and I consider it a good alternative. Moreover, I'had one minor issue and it was solved in less than a week.  Nothing to do with Tempo, to whom I've been sending mails and mails and the answer is always: New version of Tempo works like this!!

Like Sergey Levkovskiy likes this
jmuukka June 23, 2017

Thank you very much for the answer!

Arto Kovalainen June 26, 2017

I also contacted Tempo on this. Let see what they answer to me...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events