Misc custom fields: formulas do not work at all

Ksenia Slutskaya August 17, 2017

Hello,

I tried to implement the simplest formulas to Misc custom field just to test the add-on functionality.

Tried two options: 

- Custom Number field

<!-- @@Formula: issue.get("fixversions").size() -->

- Custom Text field

<-- @@Formula: issue.get("summary") -->

Both times fields do not appear on View screen and Where is my field option says: 

The field 'Review Grade' does not have value for issue DV_ABP_TEMPLATE_PROJECT-32 and will not be displayed on the view issue page. Set value for that field so that it shows up.

I checked atlassian-jira.log, found nothing there.

It seems like add-on does not recognize the formula in field description at all. I found similar issue, but suggested resolution did not help me.

Do you have any ideas, why it happens so?

1 answer

0 votes
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2017

Hi Ksenia,

when JMCF doesn't find the formula, it reports a WARNing in atlassian-jira.log, followed by a link to the Edit screen where you need to put the formula. You need to search for "com.innovalog.jmcf" in your logfile.

Also, are you sure you created custom Calculated Number and Text fields, and not regular (built-in) custom number and text fields?

Finally, your first attempt contains an error: the field name is "fixVersions" (capital V) as documented here: https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KB/pages/35356677/Using+issue.get+field+name+in+scripts

Regards,

David

Ksenia Slutskaya August 18, 2017

Hi, David!

Thanks a lot for quick reply.

I do not know, how I missed it last time, but finally I found the WARNing in logs and opened the screen via the link given.

Then I immediately found my funny mistake.
I pasted the formulas in Description on Configure screen not on Edit screen. So it was description not for the field but for configuration scheme.

Thank you very much for your attention!

Best regards,
Ksenia

P.S.
As for error in fixVersions  - thank you very much for noticing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events