Migrating Scriptrunner for Jira 3.14 to 4.1.3.10: Linkage Error for SimpleScriptedCondition

Brent Webster
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2016

Running JIRA 6.4.12 with ScriptRunner 3.1.4 on my little test server.  I'm making quite extensive use of scriptrunner of workflow conditions, validators and post-functions.  Works great.  My IT group decided to upgrade JIRA from 6.1 to 6.4.12 but they decided to go with version 4.1.3.10.  The first problem, I'm running into is my workflow transitions with ScriptRunner based conditions are not visible so I'm assuming the conditions are failing.  I check the log file and I see:

2016-04-05 14:32:47,595 http-bio-8443-exec-1 WARN 20022993 872x69734x1 yqdjn4 192.168.109.99 /browse/POCM-195 [com.atlassian.ozymandias.SafePluginPointAccess] A LinkageError indicates that plugin code was compiled with outdated versions.  Unable to run plugin code because of 'java.lang.ClassFormatError - Illegal class name "com/onresolve/jira/groovy/canned/workflow/conditions/SimpleScriptedCondition/reporter-ValidatorOnlyCondition$run" in class file com/onresolve/jira/groovy/canned/workflow/conditions/SimpleScriptedCondition/reporter-ValidatorOnlyCondition$run'.

So is SimpleScriptedCondition no longer a valid class?  Is there a replacement?  Some documentation on how to migrate?  Any other surprises for validators or post-functions or even behaviours and scripted fields?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2016

This is a recent bug: https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/browse/SRJIRA-729

If you can rename it without hyphens it should be fine. Sorry...

Brent Webster
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 6, 2016

Thanks for the quick response.

I got several static analysis warnings but functionally, it is working.

I'll cleanup the warnings later.  wink

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events