Merging template issues with project specific issues using WBS Gantt add on

Maurizio Bricola March 12, 2018

Hi i have created a template and shared that with other projects. When i load the template into a project and then I add specific project issues (tasks) the original template gets edited too. Is there a way to add issues on a shared template without having these issues being added to the original template too?
In alternative is there a way to merge the gantt generated by the shared template with the gantt generated by the project specific issues?

@Jenny

Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
Jenny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2018

Hi Maurizio Bricola,

Unfortunately, these are a specification for this app.
When you edited the template in the shared project, it will affect the original template. And also, there aren't any configuration to move or merge between Projects. I recommend you to raise request ticket on WBS Gannt-chart public tracker with the expected use case for this matter.

https://rssupport.atlassian.net/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=10&projectKey=WGCPT&selectedIssue=WGCPT-16

Warm regards,

Maurizio Bricola March 13, 2018

@Jenny thanks for you reply! 

I have actually been able to make it work, The trick was to add the shared template from the standard mode (instead of from the issue template mode). You (or your colleague) might want to describe these in detail in the documentation / tutorial.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events