Menu and other layouts not being rendered in the correct context in the non-default space?

Jesper Svennevid July 16, 2013

I'm upgrading our Confluence+Zen installation from 3.5+3.2 to 5.1+5.2.9, and I noticed something peculiar when re-using the layouts between spaces.

Whenever something in the layout (e.g. the menu) is being used in a different space, the link appears to be using the context of the current space, instead of the space that it is originating from.

This results in local links being rendered as belonging to the current space, which in the non-default space points breaks the connection (it asks me to create a page instead of linking to the correct page). The same is true for the master page layout. Since Confluence tries to be smart, even explicitly linking to a page within the same space by prepending the space key won't work since it's removed when the link is created by the wizard.

Is this expected behaviour? And how do you recommend solving explicit linking? Should I use a separate space as default that I never link to in the layout as the master space to get links to resolve correctly, or is there another more elegant way?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Darryl Duke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2013

Hi Jesper,

You're running into a quirk in the newer Confluence that "optimizes" space and page references in links and image embeds. The issue and solution is described in detail here: http://www.stepstonetech.com/display/help/Broken+Links+and+Images+on+.zen+Pages

Basically, you create a new space, and move the .zen pages there, and configure your site/spaces to use that space to provide the menu, masters, header, footer, etc.

Jesper Svennevid July 16, 2013

Ah, I should have looked a little bit further then. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events