Meaning of "Installs" on Marketplace

I have several questions about meaning of the number

1. What happens with installs number if someone removes add-on from the instance?
  2. Does the number include evaluation licenses? What happens with the number if the evaluation licenses expire.

active_installs.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer
Ben Woskow Atlassian Team Jun 15, 2015

Each add-on's "Active Installations" chart page (restricted to vendor contacts) has additional information:

• Applications report add-on installations in active server instances connected to the internet.
  • An add-on installation could be licensed, unlicensed, disabled, or unused.
  • This chart reflects about 70% of locally-hosted customer instances.
  • This data reflects all application license types, including evaluation or development licenses.
  • Your current reporting period won't appear until the end of the week.

In regards to instances behind a firewall, only those instance which are connected to the Marketplace are included in this count.

Ben, thanks for the answer! Is it correct that if somebody removes the plugin it will disappear from the stat since the next week?

Ben Woskow Atlassian Team Jun 17, 2015

Correct.

1 vote
Daniel Wester Community Champion Jun 13, 2015

It's the number of upm's that has reported in during the week with the add ons that they're using. The type of license doesn't matter (Evaluation is an active installation). If somebody removes the add-on, the number should drop the next week. (Or at least that's my understanding)

Thanks for suggestion! What about instances behind a firewall? It seems they are missing from the statistics. Also strategy of counting removed add-ons is important thing so let's wait for answer from somebody from Atlassian.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How to set up an incident workflow from the VP of Engineering at Sentry

Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...

1,308 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you