Marketplace "Learn More" link bug

Natalie Gould September 26, 2014

Hi ya!  

Natalie from Balsamiq here.

We seem to be having a problem with a link on our Marketplace listing for Mockups for JIRA.

The "Learn More" link (which is also the "contact Vendor" link for OnDemand  – as a side note, having them be the same link is not ideal.  We'd love for these to be two separate links)  is just looping and redirecting back to the marketplace listing.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.balsamiq.jira.plugins.mockups

Here is a screenshot showing the two links locations I mean:

I believe the link is probably going to our old product page: http://balsamiq.com/products/mockups/jira  

But we updated it starting with release 2.2.18 on Dec 13, 2013 to point to http://support.balsamiq.com/customer/portal/articles/223421

Here is our most currently listing showing the correct link is in place:

Our links for Mockups for Confluence are working properly:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.balsamiq.confluence.plugins.mockups

Can you help?  Thanks!

Natalie

5 answers

2 votes
Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2014

Hi Natalie,

Since this issue is specific to your listing, could you create an issue in the Atlassian Marketplace project on ecosystem.atlassian.net?

Thanks!

Dave

0 votes
Natalie Gould September 29, 2014

In fact, Eli you are correct!   We've confirmed that production for Confluence Cloud has 2.2.22, but similarly our Marketplace listing thinks it's on 2.2.18.    I finally sorted out my login for the AMKT project (see what miracles can happen after a weekend break? wink ), so I'll file a request there to get this updated.  Cheers!

0 votes
elibishop
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2014

I'm not sure why it's showing up as the latest public version for Cloud

Well, at some point, that was the actual version that was preinstalled in Cloud, so it was designated as such in the Marketplace listing. I think that may no longer be the case— I'm looking at an OnDemand instance right now and it seems to have 2.2.24 installed, but that is an internal developer instance so I can't be 100% sure that that's also the case in the production instances. If so, we need to update that information in Marketplace; unfortunately it doesn't get updated automatically when a newer version is deployed to Cloud.

0 votes
Natalie Gould September 26, 2014

Thanks, so much Dave, and Eli, you are my hero. 

That version is from so very long ago, I would have never guessed that was the issue. I'm not sure why it's showing up as the latest public version for Cloud, but I'll follow up with our Developer, Sax about that to see if he can figure out why.   

I'm so glad to get a way to immediately fix the issue.   (In fact, I'm updating all releases between 2.2.6 and 2.2.18 just to makes sure there is no chance it gets broken again! smile )

I don't seem to have access to filing an issue in the AMKT project for the feature request, but I'll sort out if it's just that I can't figure it out on a Friday afternoon, or if I need someone else on my team with access to do it for me.  smile

Cheers and buon weekend!

Natalie

0 votes
elibishop
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2014

Natalie,

What's happening is that for an add-on whose latest public version for Cloud is not the same as the latest public version for Server, all version-specific fields and links on the add-on detail page will change their values when you switch between the Cloud and Server pricing tabs. In this case, the Cloud version is the one that's currently marked as preinstalled for Cloud - v2.2.6. That version still has the old Learn More link. You'll see that if you switch to the Server pricing tab, the Learn More link goes to the correct location.

So, editing version 2.2.6 and changing its Learn More link should solve the main problem. It will still be the case that the Learn More link is the same as the "contact the vendor" link; if you'd like us to change that design, I recommend filing an issue in the AMKT project as Dave recommended.

best,
Eli

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events