Mapping of epics while creating stories from the structure board

Amit Tripathi November 21, 2017

Hi,

When i create stories from the structure board, the mapping to Epics, and other related hierarchies, do not inherit from the tree i am using.

I have to go inside the ticket and fill up all the fields again. Is there something i am missing here, or is this the standard way while creating tickets from the board?

Thanks. 

1 answer

0 votes
Stepan Kholodov _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 22, 2017

Hello Amit,

If you add the Agile Extend Generator in the structure, the Epic Link between a new issue and an Epic you create it under will be created automatically. To add the Generator please click the ‘Automation’ button, then the ‘+’ button next to it - Extend - Stories under Epics… . The same can be done for other links by adding another Extend Generator for the linked issues (+ - Extend - Linked Issues… and then select the Link Type and its direction).

I hope this helps! If you need further assistance with Structure please feel free to create a ticket at our Service Desk portal - support.almworks.com - and we will get back to you shortly.

Best regards,

Stepan Kholodov

ALM Works

Amit Tripathi November 23, 2017

This is very useful. Thank you. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events