Make a field editable from Overview screen

Susanne Kahl November 9, 2017

Can I make the fields editable in the overview, with out needing to click edit every time?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2017

Hi Susanne,

Are you referring to the schema view in Insight, or are you referring to editing the object(s) picked in a custom field in the JIRA view?

In the schema view, as of version 5.1.4 it's not possible. This might be changed in future versions, but it's not currently planned.

Regarding the JIRA view, the Insight fields can be inline edited like the "normal" fields.

Best Regards
Alexander

Susanne Kahl November 9, 2017

It Is in the Insight overview.

I'm voting for it becoming editable in the overview - where can I vote for that?

Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2017

Hi again,

I'm referring you to https://jira.riada.se which is our open ticket system for feature requests and verified bugs. You may now view, watch, vote etc for issues reported by anyone.

If you can't find a feature request for this already opened, feel free to add a new one.

Best Regards
Alexander

0 votes
Jiraconfluence Solutionmgm sIT November 9, 2017

Hello.

If a field is on the "View Screen" than you should be able to edit it there.

E.g.: The field "Fix Version/s" could not be edited in one of our projects.

I added the field to the view screen and than you can simply click on the field and edit it.

BR

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2017

I'm afraid that is partly incorrect.

You do need to put the fields on the view screen, and that, I suspect, answers Susanne's question.

But you missed out an important configuration point - to allow edit on the view screen, you also need to have them on the edit screen. 

Jiraconfluence Solutionmgm sIT November 9, 2017

Hello.

Yes you are right.

I forgot that you also have to set a context for a custom field.

But for the Fix Version/s field my solution still should work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events