Lucidchart files size in server

Gustavo August 7, 2017

Hi

We have been using "Lucidchart Diagrams OnPrem - Confluence" for a couple of years and we have seen a reduction in our available space in the server due to lots of different files in the installation directory (perhaps the file are versions of the changes of the diagrams). 

Can you help us to clarify this and see if there any way that this can be optimized? 

Regards,

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2017

Dear Gustavo,

That can certainly be the case, it could also be the case that the add-on itself is logging seperatly and thus creating alot of logs over time. You could browse on the server into the directories and see what exactly is going on.. maybe you can delete some logs if that is the case.. but I suggest asking LucidChart Support directly, because this is such a specific issue.

LucidChart Support

Friendly Regards,

Jeremy

Artemis Systems Team August 15, 2017

Hi Jeremy,

If you can see the other answer, Dmitry from Lucidchart has already suggested contacting you, so how to whom I should contact?

Kinda need support regarding this issue before my server runs out of space..

Regards,

0 votes
Dmitry [Lucidchart] August 7, 2017

Hi Gustavo,

Dmitry from Lucidchart here! I'm happy to help, can you please share more info about the files you're seeing in Confluence's installation directory? If you've already contacted our Support team, that's fine too, we'll follow up through that channel.

Thanks,
Dmitry

Gustavo August 8, 2017

Hi Dmitry
Here is an example of a file in the installation directory by default:

-rw-r--r--. 1 confluence confluence 92M Jul 26 14:18 1501071514565lucid-onprem-confluence-1.14.9-confluence_after_5.9.jar 

There are thousands of files like this that are created every second.

Thanks

Gustavo

Dmitry [Lucidchart] August 8, 2017

Hi Gustavo,

Thanks for the update! Mind sharing the location of this file?

This looks like something that Confluence does, and not our add-on. It's definitely not normal that such files are created in thousands. I would recommend contacting Atlassian support about the issue. I'd be happy to be CC'ed on the support ticket to provide any additional technical detail.

Thanks,
Dmitry

Gustavo August 9, 2017

Hi Dmitry

The location of the files is:

/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/plugins-cache

These files have taken 3gb already and are growing faster. 

Atlassian support can answer right here or should a submit another request in a different location?

Kind Regards

Gustavo

Dmitry [Lucidchart] August 9, 2017

Hi Gustavo,

You should file a support ticket in order to get a response faster. 

Dmitry [Lucidchart] August 19, 2017

Hi Gustavo,

Did you contact Atlassian about the issue? If yes, have you heard back? 

I would love to help get this resolved, but plugin cache is a part of Confluence, and I'm almost positive that there's nothing that our add-on does that would make this directory grow in size regularly.

Artemis Systems Team August 22, 2017

Hi Dmitry, let me add more info about the issue.

The temp/log files that are created, are placed in the attachments folder on the server related to a confluence page where we know there is a lucid chart diagram.

E.g:

1. We go to /data/attachments/ etc..

2. and we list the files with ls -lthr

Hope this helps to clarify the situation. 

Gustavo

Dmitry [Lucidchart] August 22, 2017

Hi Gustavo,

This issue looks separate from the issue with files in `/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/plugins-cache`. Are you seeing an extraordinarily large number of files (or total directory size) in both places?

Our add-on does make a heavy use of attachments to store diagram versions, but auto-saves should automatically get cleaned up by a job called "Lucidchart Version Cleanup". Can you please verify that it's running? You can view this information in Confluence Admin -> Scheduled Jobs.

Artemis Systems Team August 22, 2017

Hi Dmitry

The path: /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/plugins-cache

is where the plugin JAR is place. 

The path /data/attachments/ etc..

is where the file files we're talking about are been created, a lot of them. 

Yes, that you mentioned is running every 30 min without any problem, but I guess that is doing nothing.

Regards,

Gustavo

Dmitry [Lucidchart] August 23, 2017

Ok, it makes more sense now. Can you see if there are any errors related to our add-on in your Confluence Server logs?

Every time you click 'Return to Confluence' after editing a diagram, we save a new attachment version, so if you edit the same diagram many times, there will be multiple attachment versions. 

Artemis Systems Team August 24, 2017

Hi Dmitry

Didn't find any error. Just normal messages. About, the versions you mentioned, yes for every modification, some new files are created. But the old ones remains in the folder. 

Regards,

Gustavo

Dmitry [Lucidchart] August 25, 2017

Hi Gustavo,

Do you mind getting on a call with us so that we can work through the issue faster? Will you please write to support@lucidchart.com and mention that you talked to me?

Thanks,
Dmitry

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events