Logging the same hours against two issues

Zuber Khursiwala January 24, 2017

Hi

I need to log work against an individual 'real' development issue within a specific project e.g. 'Create Login Screen', but our managers would also like us to log the same hours against a general Tempo Internal Issue ("All Project Work"). The internal issue covers ANY project work we do.

If I log 2 hours against both issues, it obviously looks like I've done 4 hours of work in my timesheet. 

I thought about perhaps making all development issues children of the "All Project Issue" but people will forget to do this, and also when I tried, the hours I logged in the child issue didn't seem to get 'rolled up' into the internal parent issue anyway.

Does anyone know if there's an easy way to do this in Tempo?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2017

If work logged onto sub issue then this value will be agregated into tempo timesheet for issue and project. Why do you use so complicated scheme?

Zuber Khursiwala January 25, 2017

Hmm, thanks. I just tried it again and logging time on a child task isn't reflected in the Timesheet or the worklog of the parent task. I'll see if this is because that functionality was added to a newer version than we have (7.12.1).

The reason for this is that we work on lots of different projects and also other tasks such as meetings or 'business as usual' issues, but management just want to see how much time we spend on 'any project work'. They want to be able to produce stats that say we spend e.g. 

All Project work: 60%

Meetings: 10%

Business as Usual: 10%

Unaccounted: 20%

There's probably a better way to do this so happy to hear any suggestions!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events