Logging of test executions in Jira's history view?

Adam Arnold February 10, 2013

Is it possible for a history of execution transitions to be stored somewhere? We're planning on having different people change the execution status and would like somewhere that this recorded for auditing purposes.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2013

Hi Trev,

Thanks for the comment. I'll add this to the feature requst.

Now currently, this exact feature doesn't exist. However there is another option available today and I'm curious how it works for you.

How about creating new test cycles, assigning the testcase a second time and then having a second execution set?

For example. Create your first cycle. Add testcases to it. Execute them.

Now, create a second cycle. Add testcases, select the option of "From Another Cycle." Choose the Version and Test Cycle that you want and save.

Now you will have a second execution set of the same testcases.

And you'll have both executions of the testcases recorded.

As this feature exists today, I'd encourage you to try it out if you haven't yet. Also, please let me know how this gets you torward your goal of having execution history.

Kind Regards,
Chris

Adam Arnold February 11, 2013

Thanks for the reply, Chris.

Oddly enough, this is currently how we are doing this! The problem is that the amount of test cycles we have going into one fix version can total 20+ sometimes, and we duplicate all the cycles for each stage of our UAT process. The total footprint of all these cycles means it can get very busy on one page, and felt that if we could simply log the changes between transitions, we could cut the cycles in half and keep the logs out of the way until needed at a later date. The execution statuses I feel would be more geared towards a workflow for each execution, not too far off from how Jira works our issue ticket workflow.

I'm glad however that your suggestion is the way we are doing it at the moment :)

0 votes
ErikB February 10, 2013

Agree- this would be a very nice feature to have.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events