Logging Project Managment

Joel Caballero May 20, 2013

This question gets asked a lot in the form of "Logging with no issue". We don't typically create a issue to project manage "something" so how do we track it?

Right now, I'm planning on using a general Project Managment Project. That project could be owned by many different Accounts. Then the issues inside that Project would pertain to those different accounts. I've also added the custom field with account.

Do other people create project managment issues in the actual project they're working on?

Is there a better way to do this? I would think it would fall under an Activity in a Project but I didn't see an option for that.

2 answers

0 votes
Sverrir Tynes [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2013

Hi Joel

You can also watch this issue in case there will be a direct solution available in the future.

Sverrir Tynes
Tempo support

Joel Caballero May 22, 2013

Thank you Sverrir! That's exactly what my issue is! Logging to a project is the way to go.

0 votes
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2013

Hi Joel -

I am not completely clear on your need based on your description - but will take a wild guess.

Check out Tempo Planner - they do good work and I bet it could help!

http://www.tempoplugin.com/products/tempo-planner/

Good luck,

Ellen

Joel Caballero May 21, 2013

Sorry. I'll try and be more clear.

I'll give you another example. When a server goes down. I'm usually the first to know about it. I would like a way to log my hours for that without having to create an issue in Jira. Servers go down from time to time and it seems weird to have an issue up that never gets closed. It almost feels like the solution would be to create an internal issue or activity that pertains to an account/customer that I can log my hours againts.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events