Localization issue for automatically logged work

My system and web browser language is German, my JIRA language is set to English (US) in the user settings. This seems to cause problems with the automatic work log when resolving or closing an issue.

Steps to reproduce:

• Create an issue
  • Resolve it in JIRA Agile by dragging it to the "resolved" area. Now the "Resolve Issue" dialog appears.
  • It displays a "Date Started" that is incorrectly formatted for any locale (e.g. "08/Okt/14 10:11 AM" - notice the "k" in "Okt" which stands for the German "Oktober" but the rest of the date is formatted for the US locale)
  • A click on "Resolve" leads to the error message "You must specify a date on which the work occurred"
  • I can resolve this issue by clicking the calendar icon and picking a date. Now the "Date Started" field displays a correctly formatted date (e.g. "8/Oct/14 10:38 AM")

Is this a configuration issue? If so, how can I resolve it?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Hi Michael,

The issue has been fixed in version 2.2.3. Please upgrade and let us know your feedback.

Regards, Gebsun

I can confirm that it is working correctly after the update. Thanks for the quick response!

Michael

That's great! We would be very grateful if you could share an honest review on the plugin page: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.gebsun.plugins.jira.startwork Thkank you, Gebsun

Thank you for the report Michael. We will look into that. Regards, Gebsun

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Oct 31, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: Zephyr

Hello Atlassian Community! Each month, we run a series of Spotlights to highlight Marketplace vendors and apps that our team thinks this Community would find valuable. In last month's Spotlig...

348 views 0 1
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you