Localization issue for automatically logged work

David Schäfer October 7, 2014

My system and web browser language is German, my JIRA language is set to English (US) in the user settings. This seems to cause problems with the automatic work log when resolving or closing an issue.

Steps to reproduce:

• Create an issue
  • Resolve it in JIRA Agile by dragging it to the "resolved" area. Now the "Resolve Issue" dialog appears.
  • It displays a "Date Started" that is incorrectly formatted for any locale (e.g. "08/Okt/14 10:11 AM" - notice the "k" in "Okt" which stands for the German "Oktober" but the rest of the date is formatted for the US locale)
  • A click on "Resolve" leads to the error message "You must specify a date on which the work occurred"
  • I can resolve this issue by clicking the calendar icon and picking a date. Now the "Date Started" field displays a correctly formatted date (e.g. "8/Oct/14 10:38 AM")

Is this a configuration issue? If so, how can I resolve it?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gebsun
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2014

Hi Michael,

The issue has been fixed in version 2.2.3. Please upgrade and let us know your feedback.

Regards, Gebsun

David Schäfer October 20, 2014

I can confirm that it is working correctly after the update. Thanks for the quick response!

Michael

Gebsun
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2014

That's great! We would be very grateful if you could share an honest review on the plugin page: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.gebsun.plugins.jira.startwork Thkank you, Gebsun

0 votes
Gebsun
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 7, 2014

Thank you for the report Michael. We will look into that. Regards, Gebsun

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events