Load times for ictime

Hi!

Over the last week, I have experience that the ictime-plugin has become very slow. Load times for accessing the plugin via the menu is approx. 1½ minut and the same goes when changing the entry dates for logs.

I have just upgraded the plugin so it now runs on version: 3.0.8. This however has not improved load times.

We run on Jira version v5.2.

Does anyone know what might be the cause of these poor load times?

Regards,

Lene

5 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Tobias

Just an update. A restart of Jira did the trick.

Thank you for your answer and help!

Best regards
Lene

This widget could not be displayed.

Thanks in advance!

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Lene,

you are talking about accessing the plugin via the menu is taking some time. So you click on the menu "ictime" and the dropdown takes so long to load or is it any specific entry that takes some time to come up, like for example the reporting or your timesheet?

The loading times you describe usually only happen on large reports you can create in the reporting interface of ictime or if you have large numbers of worklogs in your timesheet. If you for example create a report with 10000 worklogs it may slow down a little bit and if you edit one of this worklogs and return to the report you probably would have to wait again for a short time until the report is loaded again. But your problem sounds different at least from what you are saying.

It would be helpful for us to know on which operating system you are running JIRA and what kind of database (oracle, mysql, postgresql etc.) you use. At the moment its hard to say where exactly you are experiencing the long loading times.

Regards,

Tim

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Tim


Thank you for your quick reply. The issue arises when I click on either directly on "ictime" from the menubar, when I click on "My timesheet" or when finally accessing my time sheet changing the dates from the standard of 7 days to 1 day or more days. Entries for 7 days consist of between 20-30 worklogs so this doesn't seem to be the cause of the problem.

We run on the following

OS: Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard.
Microsoft SQL server 2008 og 2008 R2 (SQL Server 10.50.2550)
It looks like R2 is running it

In addition we have installed Apache 2.2

Regards

Lene

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Lene,

We'll have a more detailed look within the next days if we can find any hint why you experience these problems - have no similar reports at this moment, but might be something specific we did not track yet. There are a couple of additional questions that could help to get closer to the root cause:

- your exact JIRA version is 5.2.0, or 5.2.?

- we assume that you have been using ictime before without experiencing these problems at all and they started recently

- did the problems appear suddenly, if yes, any way to associate them with an update on the level of JIRA, ictime, installation of other JIRA plugins, update on the level of operating system or database server?

- anything interesting in the JIRA logs that refers to ictime problems or other JIRA problems?

- maybe anything interesting on the level of database, like slow queries (if you log such things)

- if you run a report (i.e. using Reporting and not My Timesheet), do you experience any performance problems, specifically when setting a date range?

- any performance issues when using other ictime functionality, like project configuration etc.?

- other users have the same problem?

In general, you could also try one of the following to ensure that the problem is not caused by a temporary inconsistent state of JIRA and/or ictime:

- check if JIRA asks for a re-indexing, if yes, do so

- deactivate/activate ictime

- restart JIRA

Best regards

Tobias

Hi Tobias,

I have an admin account on the system in question and with Lene's permission, I'll answer a few of your questions in order for us to hopefully resolve this:

JIRA is 5.2.11.

The problem appears to have sprung up suddenly - I'll ask Lene for any other changes that may have caused this.

Nothing related in the logs.

Reporting (as opposed to My Timesheet) does take some seconds, but not on the order of what I would call performance problems - even when specifying a range.

I'm not aware of any other performance issues.

Lene has reported the problem - I can confirm that my admin user sees the problem as well - even though that user hasn't logged any work.

JIRA does not ask for re-indexing, but I can try to talk to Lene about reindexing anyway as well as finding a suitable time for de-/reactivating ictime and restarting JIRA.

I hope the answers may help narrow down what we can do to pinpoint the problem.

Best regards,

Sune Mølgaard

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

513 views 3 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you