List all spaces and pages with notifications

Valeriy Fedorenko November 7, 2018

Is it possible to list all spaces and pages with Slack notifications enabled? So far I was able to extract them from DB. But I was wondering if admin UI or REST API provides such option? Or maybe this is planned for the upcoming releases? Otherwise - great add-on!

select *
from confluence.BANDANA b
where b.BANDANAKEY like 'com.madein49.slack-for-confluence.%';

select *
from OS_PROPERTYENTRY x
where 1=1
and x.entity_name = 'confluence_ContentEntityObject'
and x.entity_key like 'com.madein49.slack-for-confluence.%';

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ben Romberg - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 7, 2018

Hi Valeriy,

thanks for your suggestion to list spaces and pages with Slack notifications!

We've had this on our backlog for quite some time now. Unfortunately, the implementation would be difficult, since we don't have a list of spaces and pages with Slack configurations and would have to traverse all possible spaces and pages in the Confluence installation to check if they have a Slack configuration, which could take a long time (especially for pages). We also don't want to store which spaces and pages have Slack configurations, since it would not be backwards compatible.

We also don't want to use SQL, since there are quite a few SQL backends that Confluence can use.

If you have a better idea that would allow us to easily show the configurations, please let us know.

Kinds regards,

Ben Romberg - Product manager Slack for Confluence

Valeriy Fedorenko November 7, 2018

Thanks, Ben. Unfortunately, I do not have any better ideas from the top of my head. Probably saving spaces/pages list somewhere as JSON is the one option. You'll just have to accept the compatibility problem... and the fact that pages or spaces can be deleted and you probably can't track this and update the list.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events