Links Explorer HTML 5 (v2.0.2) does not work after JIRA Update (V5.1.5 to V6.0.4)

Oliver Schimmel July 15, 2013

The Links Explorer HTML 5 worked fine with JIRA 5.1.5, but after updating to JIRA 6.0.4 by selecting the "Links" Tab only the current page is reloaded but nothing else happens. The previous tab is still selected. It is no longer possible to view the hierarchy tree.

We are using Internet Explorer 9.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Oliver Schimmel July 17, 2013

Today i recieved the following answer from Docminer (vendor of the plugin):

I can also reproduce it on JIRA 6.0.2. It's a common issue regarding JIRA 6 and Internet Explorer affecting tons of plug-ins. It looks like it requires the following element in the issue tab panel declaration (in the atlassian-plugin.xml)

<supports-ajax-load>true</supports-ajax-load>

in order to load the content of the add-on in an asynchronous way (and obviously the issue page is fully loaded faster too). Unfortunately, it causes some conflict with the content itself (the tree hierarchy graph) which is also asynchronously loaded from JIRA

It will be fixed (with very low priority) along other issues like the filter buttons on the action bar (which were also removed due severe conflicts with the JIRA GUI from the latest versions), but, honestly, I'm very disappointed with the continuous changes on JIRA made from Atlassian and bringing a lot of headaches to plug-in developers. It would be acceptable for commercial plug-ins which can invest time and effort, but not for free plug-ins.... The only workaround (and probably no feasible in your case) would be move from IE to Chrome or FireFox until it is fixed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events