Linking to Pages in another Space with the Graphviz plugin Flowchart Macro

Jodie Miners
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2012

In relation to GVIZ-20 (https://bobswift.atlassian.net/browse/GVIZ-20), the flowchart macro can link to pages within the same space, quite easily with the following syntax.

{flowchart}
Box1 [URL="Page for Box 1"]
"Box 2 with space" [URL="Page for Box 2"]
Box1
Box1 -> "Box 2 with space"
Box1 -> "Another Box with no link"
{flowchart}

However, it doesn't seem to work when you add the spacekey to the page "KEY:Page for Box 2"

Is linking to pages in other spaces what the GVIZ-20 is referring to? Or is there another trick to linking to pages in another space?

(Note, the original comment that the JIRA ticket came from is no longer visible on the documentation page).

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jodie Miners
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2012

Here is a link to a Tutorial I wrote that includes the details from this question and answer

http://jodiem.com.au/2012/09/28/using-graphviz-in-confluence-a-tutorial/

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2012

Jodie, very nice! I hope you don't mind, I put a link to it on the Documentation page for the Graphviz Plugin for Confluence

Jodie Miners
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 28, 2012

Thanks Bob, that is great!

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2012

This is poorly documented and should be improved. GVIZ-20 will be used to track. Try using

Box1 [URL="[spacekey:Page for Box 1]"]

Jodie Miners
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2012

I'm currently writing some documentation for my client so I will turn it into a blog post to share.

Jodie Miners
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2012

Excellent, thanks Bob! that is fantastic stuff!

0 votes
Jodie Miners
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2012

Of course you can just include the full external URL of the page, but that is not really the point. I want to know if there is a way you can do it with using the regular Confluence linking syntax.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events