Linking tickets

Deleted user October 22, 2012

Is it possible to link a issue via email,

so when im emailing in to create a new ticket, could i make it a child of a already existing ticket for example

@parentof=ICT-123

I have done some searching but couldnt find anything useful

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2012

Yes, JEMH can do that! To create an issue that is a subtask of another issue, use the parentIssueKey Directive (see Supported Fields)

@parentIssueKey=ICT-123

Deleted user October 23, 2012

Andy sorry to be a other but the "Supported Fields" link you have posted is broken.

Andy sorry to be a bother but the "Supported Fields" link you have posted is broken.

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2012

bah, now fixed!

Thanks andy, @parentIssueKey didnt actually do what we wanted but the @linkto was what we needed to make tickets a parent of or child of.

Brilliant Thanks!!

1 vote
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2012

Hi Brian,

I don't believe it is possible to do this via email, but I believe that you could use JIRA's REST API to remotely manage tickets and this would provide similar functionality to managing them via email. You can read about using the REAT API in our documentation on the subject: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+REST+APIs

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events