Linked Tickets Custom Field

Bryan Trummer Community Champion Dec 21, 2017

I have a user who is requesting the following. I can't think of anything that could/would actually be able to do this. Am I completely wrong?

"My developers came up with a great idea that I could use your help on. A common problem we run into is that our tickets have to be linked to a ABC ticket in order to push to our QA environment. The only way to tell that is to go into the ticket and look at the related to section of the ticket. While I added that field to our Cards it can get cluttered up with our other linked tickets.

So the solution we came up with is if you can create a field that looks at the Related to field and check for any tickets with a ABC in the title. We would just need the ticket number or a Yes or No value in that field. This would let my developers know if a ABC ticket is tied to the ticket they are working on and expedite getting our tickets into QA"

1 answer

0 votes
Gaston Valente Community Champion Dec 27, 2017

Bryan,

You can try with an Script Runner script custom field to check of this condition.

Inside the custom field you can loop the linked issues and show the first one that matches.

That's the only way i can think without developing a custom field.

And of couse, you need the server version.

Bryan Trummer Community Champion Dec 29, 2017

Gaston,

Thank you for the response. I figured it would have to be done through Script Runner somehow. Any idea how that code would look? We do have server instance.

Gaston Valente Community Champion Jan 03, 2018

I don't have any specific code to solve this, but... you should

1. get the componentaccessor
  2. obtain an instance of the issue link manager
  3. get the collection of links
  4. iterate over and filter according to your criteria

Here you can find some code in another post to loop a collection of links:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Validator-script-to-check-status-of-all-linked-issues-before/qaq-p/427966

Hope this help

Bryan Trummer Community Champion Jan 03, 2018

Great! Thank you!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Oct 31, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: Zephyr

Hello Atlassian Community! Each month, we run a series of Spotlights to highlight Marketplace vendors and apps that our team thinks this Community would find valuable. In last month's Spotlig...

349 views 0 1
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you