Link to object in different schema

Svante Gustafsson September 26, 2017

Will it be possible to link objects between schemas? 
This is really a must-have for us.

Use Case:
We have the entire organization imported from LDAP into one schema and there are several other schemas that have objects where we would need to "assign" an organization to these objects.

What are your plans for this?

Cheers,
// Svante

1 answer

0 votes
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2017

Hi Svante,

It's not planned to implement information sharing between different object schemas. The recommendation is that each schema contains the information it needs.

Best Regards
Alexander

Svante Gustafsson September 26, 2017

That would require massive data duplication in this case which in my opinion is not the best practice.

It adds a risk that different schemas differs in the data too.

Another downside is that there will not be one single source of truth any longer. The organization will be stored in multiple schemas and the organization object is not identified by one specific key.

If I want to see all different objects related to one organization unit (could be IT equipment, certificates, furnitures etc etc) I will have to tap into several schemas instead of just one to get the information. 

I really hope you can re-consider the decision to not support this and see if the functionality can be added.

Cheers,

// Svante

Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2017

Hi Svante,

Thanks for the feedback. We have updated your original ticket in our Service Desk to a feature requests and it has been added to our feature request backlog.

Best Regards
Alexander

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events