Link new cloned issue with the original issue using JIRA Portfolio's "Parent Link" field.

George Sarkis August 27, 2017

I am using Jira server 7.3.1, ScriptRunner and Jira Portfolio v2.2.2 to auto create issues and I am using the 'clones and issues and links' script.  What I am trying to do is the following:

1. link the new cloned issue with the original issue using JIRA Portfolio's "Parent Link" field (which is different to the "Issue Link Type / Direction" option)

2. check if an issue with a certain summary already exists, and if it already exists I want the script to do nothing and if not I want the script to create an issue with a specific summary and epic name.

Appreciate any help that anybody can provide.

Cheers

1 answer

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2017

For 1st part, currently there is no straightforward way to access "parent link" field (like epic link) in the script of the script runner plugin.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JPOSERVER-1663

Please go throught the comments in the above link for some work-around.

For the 2nd part. It's pretty easy, in the post-function condition you just need to check is issue.summary *contains* the string which you want to test and if it contains the string then move ahead with the post-function.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2017
George Sarkis August 28, 2017

Hi Tarun, unfortunately, the links you have shared do not address the specific question asked. Are there other suggestions/workarounds?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events