Link documents from issue creation screen

Hi,

it's possibile to link documents directly from issue creation screen instead of linking them on issue edit screen?

Thank you

Regards

4 answers

Hi Francesco.

Linking documents from Add issue screen is not possible. We will analyze to see if this could be added. 

Alternatively, you could have a text custom field (labeled "Linked Documents" for instance) and add "linked documents" to it by using the {doc-key} macro (see "Referencing documents in JIRA issues" at https://bitbucket.org/StonikByte/documents-add-on/wiki/630#!linking-and-referencing-documents-in-jira-issues). Would this work for you?

Danut.

Hi Danut,

thank you for your quick reply.

I've tried to link a document directly from create issue screen but it returned an error:

Url called via ajax: /jira/secure/LinkDocumentAction!default.jspa?key=&decorator=dialog&inline=true&simple-select=true&_=1488828211229

com.atlassian.jira.exception.IssueNotFoundException: Issue with id 'null' or key '' could not be found in the system
com.atlassian.jira.exception.IssueNotFoundException: Issue with id 'null' or key '' could not be found in the system
	at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.issue.AbstractIssueSelectAction.assertIssueIsValid(AbstractIssueSelectAction.java:491) [classes/:?]
	at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.issue.AbstractIssueSelectAction.getIssue(AbstractIssueSelectAction.java:142) [classes/:?]
	at com.stonikbyte.jira.plugins.projectdocs.actions.LinkDocumentAction.doDefault(LinkDocumentAction.java:162) [?:?]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) [?:1.8.0_102]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) [?:1.8.0_102]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) [?:1.8.0_102]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) [?:1.8.0_102]
	at webwork.util.InjectionUtils$DefaultInjectionImpl.invoke(InjectionUtils.java:70) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
	at webwork.util.InjectionUtils.invoke(InjectionUtils.java:56) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
	at webwork.action.ActionSupport.invokeCommand(ActionSupport.java:438) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
	at webwork.action.ActionSupport.execute(ActionSupport.java:157) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
	at com.atlassian.jira.action.JiraActionSupport.execute(JiraActionSupport.java:63) [jira-api-7.3.0.jar:?]
	at webwork.interceptor.DefaultInterceptorChain.proceed(DefaultInterceptorChain.java:39) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
	at webwork.interceptor.NestedInterceptorChain.proceed(NestedInterceptorChain.java:31) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
	at webwork.interceptor.ChainedInterceptor.intercept(ChainedInterceptor.java:16) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
	at webwork.interceptor.DefaultInterceptorChain.proceed(DefaultInterceptorChain.java:35) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
	at webwork.dispatcher.GenericDispatcher.executeAction(GenericDispatcher.java:225) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
	at webwork.dispatcher.GenericDispatcher.executeAction(GenericDispatcher.java:154) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
	at com.atlassian.jira.web.dispatcher.JiraWebworkActionDispatcher.service(JiraWebworkActionDispatcher.java:141) [classes/:?]

the key parameter is empty cause i'm creating a new issue.

My customer request this feature as mandatory, i think it's acceptable that documents can be linked in text instend from edit issue screen but it doesn't work smile

Hi Francesco,

Please make sure that you use the option to link a document to a field, not the option for linking a document to the issue (see the picture). I tested on a system with JIRA 7.3 and works.

Please double check. If you still get that error please tell me you JIRA version so I can look further.

Danut.

Link_Step1.jpg 

I think i'm doing the same thing.

In create issue screen, in default field Description, i click on the plus button, expand the menu

create_issue_screen.JPG

click on "document link", 

create_issue_screen_2.JPG

Dialog opens but stuck at "loading"

create_issue_screen_3.JPG

In chrome console i see:

create_issue_screen_error.JPG

using it from edit issue field, it works.

Hi Francesco,

Could you please tell me which version of JIRA do you have so I can try to reproduce it?

Feel free to switch this conversion on e-mail (support@stonikbyte.com) if you want this conversation to become private.

Danut.

Yeah sure.

i'll drop an email now

This was confirmed as an issue and it was fixed in Documents v6.3.2 released on March 26, 2017.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How to set up an incident workflow from the VP of Engineering at Sentry

Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...

1,269 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you