Link documents from issue creation screen

shardick March 4, 2017

Hi,

it's possibile to link documents directly from issue creation screen instead of linking them on issue edit screen?

Thank you

Regards

4 answers

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2017

This was confirmed as an issue and it was fixed in Documents v6.3.2 released on March 26, 2017.

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2017

Hi Francesco,

Please make sure that you use the option to link a document to a field, not the option for linking a document to the issue (see the picture). I tested on a system with JIRA 7.3 and works.

Please double check. If you still get that error please tell me you JIRA version so I can look further.

Danut.

Link_Step1.jpg 

shardick March 7, 2017

I think i'm doing the same thing.

In create issue screen, in default field Description, i click on the plus button, expand the menu

create_issue_screen.JPG

click on "document link", 

create_issue_screen_2.JPG

Dialog opens but stuck at "loading"

create_issue_screen_3.JPG

In chrome console i see:

create_issue_screen_error.JPG

using it from edit issue field, it works.

Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2017

Hi Francesco,

Could you please tell me which version of JIRA do you have so I can try to reproduce it?

Feel free to switch this conversion on e-mail (support@stonikbyte.com) if you want this conversation to become private.

Danut.

shardick March 8, 2017

Yeah sure.

i'll drop an email now

0 votes
shardick March 6, 2017

Hi Danut,

thank you for your quick reply.

I've tried to link a document directly from create issue screen but it returned an error:

Url called via ajax: /jira/secure/LinkDocumentAction!default.jspa?key=&decorator=dialog&inline=true&simple-select=true&_=1488828211229

com.atlassian.jira.exception.IssueNotFoundException: Issue with id 'null' or key '' could not be found in the system
com.atlassian.jira.exception.IssueNotFoundException: Issue with id 'null' or key '' could not be found in the system
	at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.issue.AbstractIssueSelectAction.assertIssueIsValid(AbstractIssueSelectAction.java:491) [classes/:?]
	at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.issue.AbstractIssueSelectAction.getIssue(AbstractIssueSelectAction.java:142) [classes/:?]
	at com.stonikbyte.jira.plugins.projectdocs.actions.LinkDocumentAction.doDefault(LinkDocumentAction.java:162) [?:?]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) [?:1.8.0_102]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) [?:1.8.0_102]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) [?:1.8.0_102]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) [?:1.8.0_102]
	at webwork.util.InjectionUtils$DefaultInjectionImpl.invoke(InjectionUtils.java:70) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
	at webwork.util.InjectionUtils.invoke(InjectionUtils.java:56) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
	at webwork.action.ActionSupport.invokeCommand(ActionSupport.java:438) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
	at webwork.action.ActionSupport.execute(ActionSupport.java:157) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
	at com.atlassian.jira.action.JiraActionSupport.execute(JiraActionSupport.java:63) [jira-api-7.3.0.jar:?]
	at webwork.interceptor.DefaultInterceptorChain.proceed(DefaultInterceptorChain.java:39) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
	at webwork.interceptor.NestedInterceptorChain.proceed(NestedInterceptorChain.java:31) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
	at webwork.interceptor.ChainedInterceptor.intercept(ChainedInterceptor.java:16) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
	at webwork.interceptor.DefaultInterceptorChain.proceed(DefaultInterceptorChain.java:35) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
	at webwork.dispatcher.GenericDispatcher.executeAction(GenericDispatcher.java:225) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
	at webwork.dispatcher.GenericDispatcher.executeAction(GenericDispatcher.java:154) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
	at com.atlassian.jira.web.dispatcher.JiraWebworkActionDispatcher.service(JiraWebworkActionDispatcher.java:141) [classes/:?]

the key parameter is empty cause i'm creating a new issue.

My customer request this feature as mandatory, i think it's acceptable that documents can be linked in text instend from edit issue screen but it doesn't work smile

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2017

Hi Francesco.

Linking documents from Add issue screen is not possible. We will analyze to see if this could be added. 

Alternatively, you could have a text custom field (labeled "Linked Documents" for instance) and add "linked documents" to it by using the {doc-key} macro (see "Referencing documents in JIRA issues" at https://bitbucket.org/StonikByte/documents-add-on/wiki/630#!linking-and-referencing-documents-in-jira-issues). Would this work for you?

Danut.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events