Limiting audit log for 'Automation Lite for Jira'

Justin Andrews November 2, 2017

Our SQL DB for Jira has huge hourly transaction logs for some specific tables used by 'Automation Lite for Jira' (mentioned below). Is there a way to limit the amount of detail in the auditing going on. We don't want to eliminate the auditing, but the large hourly transaction logs are getting crazy.

• AUDIT_ITEM
  • AUDIT_ITEM_COMP_CGE
  • AUDIT_ITEM_CGE_ITEM

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick Menere
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2017

Hi Justin,

We have written up an article on how to expire items from these tables - https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AUTO4J/pages/55665606/How+to+expire+items+from+the+audit+log

We do have plans to add this functionality into the product but I can't give a date for this yet.

Cheers,

Nick Menere

Co-Founder @ Code Barrel

Justin Andrews November 3, 2017

Thanks!

Justin Andrews November 3, 2017

Is it possible to disable the auditing?

0 votes
Jens Kisters //SeibertSolutions
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2018

Hi @Nick Menere,

i saw things have changed in the meantime:

"If you are running Automation for Jira 3.12+ then audit log expiry can now be configured by global administrators!"

But what is a global administrator?

I have Automation 3.12 plus Jira Admin and Sysadmin global privileges, but i dont have that setting.

Cheers

Jens

Nick Menere
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2018

Hi Jens,

A Global administrator is just a normal Jira administrator. We use Global Admin to distinguish from Project Admins.

Go to the Global Admin page for Automation and use the drop down in the top right and click on Global configuration:

Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 2.42.04 pm.png

We blogged the details about this at: https://blog.codebarrel.io/time-to-expire-those-audit-log-entries-f7dddec3a655

Hope that is what you are after.

Cheers,

Nick

Jens Kisters //SeibertSolutions
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2018

Hi Nick,

thats exactly where i dont get the link as a normal Jira administrator.

We'll get in touch with your support then,

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events