License question

Rhett Henderson April 9, 2013

I am currently working towards upgrading our company's intranet from Confluence 3.5 to 4.4 some time in May. Our Confluence license expires Aug 08, 2013.

We also use Team Calendars which expires on April 23, 2013.

My question is, can I download the current version of Team Calendars (3.1.5) now, and upgrade our instance after April 23rd without the need to renew the contract right away? I'm hoping to wait until Aug 8th in order to get Confluence and Team Calendars on the same billing cycle.

Thanks.

3 answers

0 votes
Rhett Henderson April 23, 2013

I thought I had "Answered My Own Question", but I just received an email reminder about this. We renewed, however, I feel the pricing model is a bit of a trap. Confluence doesn't stop working when the support license expires, so I assumed Team Calendars would be the same. This feels like renting software as opposed to owning it.

0 votes
Rhett Henderson April 9, 2013

I just noticed this in a related Question:

"The Team Calendar's behaviour after the license expires is exactly this. After the license is expired Team Calendar will turn into read-only mode until you renew your license."

So it looks like I will need to plan for a license upgrade for Team Cal right away.

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2013

Hi Rhett, if I understand correctly you want the Team Calendars to extend the license to August so you can renew both at the same time? I'm sure you can upgrade the TC or the Confluence any moment while your license is valid, but once April 23 passes TC will stop working until you renew it.

At least that's the way I understand it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events