LaTeX for Confluence version 0.3 with Confluence 4.3.7

Robert Glover September 28, 2013

I just installed LaTeX 0.3 on Confluence 4.3.7. The documentation for LaTex for 0.3. consists of one screenshot. I try to emulate the screenshot but nothing happens. Below are the steps I do. Please advise what whould be done differently, to make LaTex Work.

1. Edit a page
  2. Insert....Other Macros
  3. type "LaTex" into search Box.
    • Latex Block and Latex Inline appear
  4. The screenshot shows "LatEx Block", so I click on "Latex Block".
  5. A box appears named "Insert 'Latex block" Macro".
    • the only options are "alignment" and size"
  6. click "Insert"
    1. It returns to edit mode with a blinking cursor.
  7. I type where the cursor is blinking:
    1. \[
    2. x = \frac{-b \pm \sqrt{b^2 = 4ac}}{2a}
    3. \]
  8. click Save
  9. It does not show the formula as an equation, it only shows exactly what I typed in.

I can't help wonder why the author's would take the time to write this plugin and not bother to provide any documention. How can I recommend this LaTeX plugin to others if I can't even get it to run the example?

1 answer

0 votes
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2016

Hi all,

I just installed LaTeX for Confluence ver 0.3 on Confluence 5.5. Doing the same as Robert, i see the same results. Macro is available in the list, but it does not render anything, only shows what i inserted. In the catalina.out i see this error however:

2016-01-06 13:11:23,106 ERROR [ContainerBase...] log Unhandled exception occurred whilst decorating page
– referer: https://OurConfluenceServerHere/pages/editpage.action?pageId=38742373 | url: /plugins/servlet/confluence/placeholder/macro-heading | userName: MyuserName
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.atlassian.confluence.macro.browser.DefaultMacroIconManager.streamResourceToBytes(DefaultMacroIconManager.java:132)
at com.atlassian.confluence.macro.browser.DefaultMacroIconManager.getFromPluginResource(DefaultMacroIconManager.java:118)
at com.atlassian.confluence.macro.browser.DefaultMacroIconManager.getIconStream(DefaultMacroIconManager.java:82)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1981.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.hostcomponents.impl.DefaultComponentRegistrar$ContextClassLoaderSettingInvocationHandler.invoke(DefaultComponentRegistrar.java:129)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy276.getIconStream(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1981.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

Have a feeling serverside is missing some dependencies that renders these Latex characters, but documentation can be described as non-existing at best. Anyone knows?

Eduard Babayan November 22, 2018

Have you ever find a solution?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events