Kepler Redirect function does not work with issue key

Florian Zink September 22, 2013

Hi All,

I want to use the Redirect function from KATL-COMMONS to redirect the user to a specific site in JIRA.

How I want to do this:

- I call the site /secure/KRedi.jspa?CFID=TPAPT-16 with the parameter cfid = issue key (f.e. TPAPT-16)

- The script then shall return an url /browse/issueId (f.e. /browse/TPAPT-16)

However, the problem is, that the script does not recognize the Issue key. Doesn't matter which issue key I use, it shows me the same error message all the time:

The project or issue you are trying to view does not exist.

Even though it does exist. So I guess that the dash in the issue key is a problem, and that the script only catches the part before it, like TPAPT. I have tried it with ', ", ( and [ but it never works.

Does anyone know how to tell the Redirect script that the parameter I am feeding it with also includes the dash (-) and the part behind that?

Here is the little redirect script:

string IssueId = argv["CFID"];
if (isNull(IssueId))
{
string url = "/secure/KRedi!error.jspa?customErrorTitle=Enrich+Error&customErrorMessage=The+Enrich+field+of+the+Issue+was+empty";
return url;
}

string url ="/browse/IssueId";
return url;

Here is the link to the Kepler Redirect function: http://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/SIL/KRedi+-+The+Redirect+Assistant

Thanks in advance,

Florian

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2013

Hi Florian,

The script will always redirect you to /browse/IssueId and since "IssueId" is not an issue key, will tell you that it doesn't exist.

Line 8 should be: string url ="/browse/" + IssueId;

HTH

0 votes
Florian Zink September 22, 2013

Thank you Florin, it works! :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events