Jire sequence numbers no longer jump eratically when the Gantt Chart plugin is disabled

Tâm Nguyen June 3, 2014

In two projects on our Jira installation, the issue sequence number jumps by 10s, 100s, or even thousands. For example:
* TTC-25, TTC-124
* TTC-192, 721, 2194, 2195, 3654

I disabled the Gantt Chart for Jira version 3.1.1-JIRA5 after reading the issue below, and the number now no longer jumps. Is there a fix for this so that the Gantt Chart Plugin can be used?

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/51206/sequence-number-in-jira-issue-changed

Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
Tâm Nguyen June 10, 2014

At this point, I'm certain that it's not caused by Gantt Plugin. It's just a coicidence that the numbers jumped more when the plugin is activated. The problem still exists when it's deactivated. Closing the issue. Thank you, Frank.

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2014

Hi Tâm Nguyen,

that's the first time, I get information about such effect as I do not touch JIRA's counting of sequence numbers at all!

Can you reproduce this within a fresh starter-/demo-JIRA?

Regards,
Frank

Tâm Nguyen June 5, 2014

Hi Frank,

That's good to know that the Gantt Plugin doesn't touch JIRA's sequence ID numbers. I've observed that the numbers still jump when the Gantt plug-in is turned off, though in smaller increment. Perhaps that's just a coincidence. I've contacted Atlassian support for Jira, and it may be caused by the database configuration.

Thank you for your prompt response.

Tâm

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events