Jira to Salesforce time stamp has wrong time zone

I am using the Customware Salesforce Connector Plugin for Jira and I am experiencing issues with date time stamps. Jira is displaying the proper date, and when I take the value from the transaction and dump the date out using Java I see the correct value, but it is 4 hours behind when displayed in Salesforce.

I am not sure if its just a simple server setting, how I launch Jira and the JVM (I have it running as a windows service), or some other change.

Jira Version: 5.2.11

Salesforce Connector Version: 5.3

Jira App Timezone Setting: Default user time zone System Default: GMT-05:00 New York

Jira User Timezone Setting: Jira default GMT-05:00 New York

Jira Server is on east coast

Salesforce Institution Timezone Setting: GMT-04:00 Eastern Daylight Time

Salesforce User Timezone Setting: GMT-04:00 Eastern Daylight Time

Transaction value: 1367248805321

Date in Jira: Monday 11:20 AM (29/Apr/13 11:20 AM)

Date in Salesforce: 4/29/2013 7:20 AM

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

By telling the JVM to start up with a certain default timezone the dates are now being sent to Salesforce correctly. However, all existing dates in the Jira DB are now off by 4 hours when being displayed in Jira. Once the date is updated (say last update time or resolved date) it shows the correct time, but all "created dates" will be wrong. Any one know of a better solution?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

486 views 3 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you