Jira system slows down after the installation of the HTT plugin

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2014

Jira system was a bit slower after the installation of the Gebsun HTT (Hide Time Tracking) plugin. Is my impression correct?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gebsun
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2014

Hi Jose,

Every add-on adds some additional code which is executed and slows down the entire system.

HTT plugin is quite optimized and not complicated so it should not cause any significant and visible decrease in JIRA performance. Nevertheless if you think it does then we are keen to work on that and improve what is possible.

Can you do some more investigation and let us know on which page you can notice the slow down? Issue page, project summary page, issue navigator, ...?
Please make sure you test the page few times with HTT enabled and disabled to get more meaningful results.

Thank you,
Gebsun

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 1, 2014

Hi Gebsun.

Sorry for delay. After a few days, the performance of the system was accepted as normal A few minutes ago I logged in as admin, with permission to see the work log. After that, I logged in as a user without that permission. The response time was equal.

But then I deactivated the plugin and the system becomes slower. This was surprising, because I had deactivated the plugin. I logged out and logged it, but going to a project, opening the summary and search all issues, the system reaction was slower. Perhaps Jira needs some time get familiar with the existence or non-existence of the plugin.

Gebsun
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 1, 2014

If you deactivate HTT plugin and JIRA becomes slower than HTT plugin does not seem to cause the slow down.

Unfortunately JIRA is a complicated system and many factors might cause performance issues. There are tens of plugins and many network calls performed every page refresh and it is quite difficult to find single root cause.

Thank you for trying HTT plugin. Let us know in case of any issues or wishes.

Thanks,
Gebsun

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events