Jira su plugin error in jira 5.1.1

Kyle Berglund October 14, 2012
Action 'com.javahollic.jira.web.action.JiraSUAction' could not be instantiated - org.picocontainer.defaults.UnsatisfiableDependenciesException: com.javahollic.jira.web.action.JiraSUAction doesn't have any satisfiable constructors. Unsatisfiable dependencies: [[interface com.javahollic.jira.jirasu.ao.IAoJiraSuService, class com.javahollic.jira.web.action.JSUData, class com.javahollic.jira.web.action.JiraDataHelper]] The above message is returned when attempting to load a user.

3 answers

1 vote
DLDuncan November 27, 2012

I just uninstalled and reinstalled and it started working. Odd. I also noticed that it did not check for, nor remove the previous version from before the 5.1.8 upgrade (1.2.2). I manually had to remove it.

Anyway, re-installed and working now. Thanks!

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2012

OK great, i'll add that to a a FAQ

0 votes
Kyle Berglund October 15, 2012

Currently Installed "ActiveObjects Plugin - OSGi Bundle" Version 0.19.7

Action 'com.javahollic.jira.web.action.JiraSUAction' could not be instantiated - org.picocontainer.defaults.UnsatisfiableDependenciesException: com.javahollic.jira.web.action.JiraSUAction doesn't have any satisfiable constructors. Unsatisfiable dependencies: [[interface com.javahollic.jira.jirasu.ao.IAoJiraSuService, class com.javahollic.jira.web.action.JSUData, class com.javahollic.jira.web.action.JiraDataHelper]]

Could not find what you were looking for. Maybe you should raise an issue.

JIRA home

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2012

Whats your database type? I've heard in the past that SQLServer, when locked down, prevents AO from working due to not having access to some specific stored procedures. I can't reproduce this over several database types.

What version of JSU are you using, 1.3.9?

Kyle Berglund October 21, 2012

We're using SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1, I am not sure what you mean by locked down but I cannot seem to get past the above error still. Any other ideas?

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2012

Hi Kyle, ok, with sqlserver, its possible to reduce the permissions of the connecting user, to specifically remove the ability to invoke stored procedures for example. I have had this restriction result in plugin breakage, because AO needs to invoke stored procedures to lookup table names etc. Try elevating the privilege of the user that connects to the database. If that is the problem, many other plugins will suffer similar issues as AO is the defacto standard for plugin data storage.

DLDuncan November 26, 2012

I am having this same error occur. I was using version 1.2.2 of SU with Jira 4.2.x. After successfully upgrading to jira 5.1.8 last night, I upgraded the SU plugin to the latest version and get this error whenever I click the SU link. My db is MySQL 5.5 and the jiradb user has ALL privileges to the db.

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 27, 2012

With JIRA 5.1.8, mysql-5.5-28 and JSU 1.3.10 and am not able to reproduce. Please raise a JIRA and attach a logfile so I can see what is breaking where, ideally, this would be a clean logfile from startup, to SU only.

If youare able to, you could try uninstalling JSU, dropping all related tables:AO_935429_JSUCONFIG and AO_935429_JSESSION, then reinstalling JSU, and re-applying the license.

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 27, 2012

Just a thought, but when upgrading, you did what? and manual Jar deployments should have been removed and the new plugin should have been installed via the UPM, no manual JAR files should be deployed, that wont work.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2012

Hi Kyle,

Sorry to hear you are having difficulty with SU. I have tried to reproduce your fault but have not been able to do so on 5.1, 5.1.1,5.1.6 or 5.2m6.

A pre-requisitve for JSU is a working Active Objects plugin. Please ensure this is installed an working, its the only external dependency the plugin has.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events