Jira plugin upgrade error

Shaikh Moiz February 6, 2013

hi all ,i have a problem when i upgraded my plugin version from 4.4.1 to 5.1.8

previously it was working fine but now i am getting a 404 error stating that

" Found interface com.atlassian.jira.plugin.report.ReportModuleDescriptor, but class was expected

Could not find what you were looking for. Maybe you should raise an issue.

"

any help is appreciated. :)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2013

Have you made changes to the pom.xml file for the JIRA version you want to upgrade this plugin to? Also you may like to use the Atlassian Plugin Checkup , to test your plugin 's compatibility w.r.t with JIRA version you are aiming at, to upgrade your plugin.

@Naren As you suggested for plugin checkup i just uploaded my plugin and check against 5.1.8 so i get ProjectActionSupport#addError(String, String):void in unavailable section what does that mean

Hi Naren i have made changes to pom.xml the actual error comes when i click next button to generate the report,and befor it is working fine

Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2013

Hi Moiz,

Can you check with the JIRA latest API for the ProjectActionSupport and the method addError method and then amend the changes in the code.

Hope this helps!

@Naren Checked but its correct,, Not getting things correct

Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2013

AFAIK, you should check with the error logs for the plugin, consider the latest API, amend the changes in the code and recompile the plugin. Also try putting the log statements or debug the code. This might give you some hints to move ahead

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events