Jira plugin fails to start with com.atlassian.templaterenderer

I'm trying to develop a plugin for JIRA  7.2.2  that uses com.atlassian.templaterenderer to render views. However, it fails to start with a timeout while attempting to locate this dependency.

This is the log message I'm getting:

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] The plugin has been disabled. A likely cause is that it timed out during initialisation
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] It has the following missing service dependencies :
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] &templateRenderer of type (&(objectClass=com.atlassian.templaterenderer.TemplateRenderer)(objectClass=com.atlassian.templaterenderer.TemplateRenderer))

My pom.xml has the following dependency present:

<dependency>
    <groupId>com.atlassian.templaterenderer</groupId>
    <artifactId>atlassian-template-renderer-api</artifactId>
    <version>1.3.1</version>
</dependency>

This is how I'm attempting to wire the dependency to my Servlet:

@Inject
public MyServlet(@ComponentImport UserManager userManager,
                             @ComponentImport LoginUriProvider loginUriProvider,
                             @ComponentImport TemplateRenderer templateRenderer) {
    this.userManager = userManager;
    this.loginUriProvider = loginUriProvider;
    this.templateRenderer = templateRenderer;
}

I've also added these jvm args to pom.xml maven-jira-plugin section:

<jvmArgs>-Xms2g -Xmx4g -XX:MaxPermSize=1g -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -server -Datlassian.plugins.enable.wait=300</jvmArgs>

So what is wrong with this configuration? 

2 answers

1 accepted

Finally turned out that IDE was configured to use built-in Maven instance instead of the one that comes with Atlassian SDK an this messed up all the dependencies.

This should be written with HUGE red letters in the beginning of every Atlassian tutorial: ONLY use Atlassian Maven and never - any other instance.

atlassian-template-renderer-api dependency should go with scope provided. For atlassian-spring-snanner 1.x you can try to add @Scanned above the serlvet class.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published yesterday in Marketplace Apps

Calling all developers––You're invited to Atlas Camp 2018

Atlas Camp   is our developer event which will take place in Barcelona, Spain  from the 6th -7th of   September . This is a great opportunity to meet other developers and get n...

72 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you