Jira and Zephyr licensing

Hello,

My name is Mihai Florea, I represent Recognos Romania company. Currently we are using on cloud instance of JIRA on which we have enabled the Zephyr plugin. 

My question is the following - do I have to pay the license for Zephyr plugin for all users which are activated on our JIRA Cloud instance, or I can limit the amount of users which can use the Zephyr plugin?

My goal is to reduce the cost, because currently we have enabled the Zephyr plugin for all users in Jira, but only 5 users are using it. I really need to pay only for the users which are using the plugin not for all my active users from Jira.

Please help me solve this issue.

Best regards,

Mihai Florea

Recognos Romania

1 answer

4 votes
Dave Parrish Atlassian Team Jul 27, 2016

Your Zephyr tier needs to match the number of users licensed on your JIRA Cloud instance. This is the case for all Marketplace add-ons licensed through Atlassian.

https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/cloud/ordering#overview-6

Hi guys,
I'm very disappointed with this model of charging.
We have more than 100 users but only 10-15 of them actually use Zephyr.

As far as I understand, Jira Service Desk has the concept of agents and collaborators role which allows them to charge based on the number of agents not the number of users.

This is the description in their documentation.

Note that Jira Service Desk is priced by the agent. What's the difference between an agent and a JIRA user?

• Jira Service Desk agents work on requests and respond to customers
  • Jira Core and Jira Software users collaborate with agents and can add internal comments on customer requests.

I really hope you guys can find a way to do this because is not really sustainable as we get more users.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Calling all developers––You're invited to Atlas Camp 2018

Atlas Camp   is our developer event which will take place in Barcelona, Spain  from the 6th -7th of   September . This is a great opportunity to meet other developers and get n...

359 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you