Jira Suite Utilities question

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2012

i configured a read-only field where i only wanted to add Values from post-functions of a transition.

f.e.

Transition is called "Set Team A"

post-function = "Update Issue Custom Field"
where i choose the read-only field and add a Value "Team A"

it Works. the Read-Only Field will be "Team A"

now i want to clear the same field:

Transition is called "Unset Team"

post-function = "Update Issue Custom Field"
where i choose the read-only field and leave the Value empty. (The Project Team of the issue will be cleared.)

-> won't work. Field is not beeing updated.

what i don't understand here is that a value of a read-only field can be set but not cleared.

is this a bug?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephan Bielmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2012

I opened an issue, see here https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/JSUTIL-147, that we need to verify and clarify the behaviour of the plugin for read only fields.

0 votes
supportap November 23, 2012

I use the Clear Field transition all the time for editable fields as well as Read-Only fields.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2012

Use the "Clear Field Value" post function from JIRA Suite utilities instead.

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2012

i already tried this post-function. but it also doesn't clears the field

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events