Jira Subversion vs Subversion Alm

Rob Schalken January 1, 2018

I used Jira subversion but this is no longer supported on 7.6.2 (or earlier). Now I installed Subversion ALM, but the big disadvantage is that my complete repo is only protected by username/password. I only want a diff viewer and not a complete repo viewer. The Jira subversion plug-in was perfect. Does anyone have suggestions for me? I want to link svn to my issues, but not a complete repo browser with add/delete/download functionality.

I hope someone can help me.

1 answer

0 votes
Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2018

Hi Rob, the new 7.3.1 version supports "web links" pointing to an external Subversion web client, just like the discontinued Atlassian Jira Subversion plugin.

pallavi somani September 26, 2018

Hi There,

Could you please confirm if the Subversion web client( view vc, svn client) require setup at both ends (Jira and subversion server) or only at subverison.

It will be lot of help as I am unable to find the configuration steps.

Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2018

ViewVC server and Subversion ALM are independent and all of them requires its own host server.

• ViewVC -> Apache
  • Subversion ALM -> Jira

(1) Once they have been installed and configured, you should be able to navigate on your Subversion repositories with ViewVC from your favorite browser.

(2) Then register a Subversion repository in Subversion ALM, chose ViewVC for the weblinks. Subversion ALM provides some example URLs with variables. You have to rewrite those examples to point to ViewVC: the same URLs used in your browser (1) and replace particular names with the variables, of course. Usually you have to change the principal parts of the url only (domain, port, contextPath ...)

surbhi_kaushik September 27, 2018

Hello,

As you mentioned earlier, can the same will be applicable with Jira Subversion plugin.

Meaning, viewvc working with Jira Subversion plugin, where Viewvc setting will be done at Apache subversion end?

Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2018

No problem with this here. Both plugins work exactly in the same way with weblinks as Subversion ALM took the sources from the Atlassian's plugin which is opensource and released under the Apache license.

You might want to try Subversion Edge: it is free, supported CollabNet VersionOne (the company that created Subversion) and it is very easy to install and use. It installs Apache, ViewVC, and Subversion and it is very easy to integrate with your existing Subversion repositories.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events