Jira REST Base URL

Maja Janeva October 2, 2017

Hi Jira Team,

I am trying to use Post-build Actions- Jira Issue Results Updater, where one of the mandatory field is JIRA REST Base URL. I read the instructions and I am using the following URL: https://itssoftvercentar.atlassian.net/rest/api/latest/issue/JP-10, but the following error is shown.

Could you please give me some advice. 

Thank you,

Best Regards

Unable to connect to REST service
java.io.FileNotFoundException: https://itssoftvercentar.atlassian.net/rest/api/latest/issue/JP-10.json/search?jqlFinished: FAILURE

3 answers

0 votes
Maja Janeva October 4, 2017

ok. Than where could I find the JIRA REST BASE URL? Could you give me an example?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2018

The base url is the one you visit Jira on.  Jenkins should be able to work out the rest from that, but it might be a bit weak and actually need the expanded stuff, which you can get to by removing the /issues/<issue> on the end

Keith John Omiping February 18, 2019

Were you able to let it work @Maja Janeva

Keith John Omiping February 19, 2019

I was able to fix this by correcting my JQL. It seems like the JQL for Jira Issue Results Updater doesn't accept double quotes ("). Changing it to a single quote (') will fix the issue.

0 votes
Maja Janeva October 4, 2017

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. I will try to explain in more details.

I want automatic transition on Jira Issue J-10, depending on the current build status in Jenkins. For example If the build in Jenkins is successful then I want Jira issue to transit in status DEV AUTOTESTING.  And when I make a build in Jenkins the above error is shown. 

Bellow is given a print screen from Jenkins. Is this the right way?

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Maja

Capture-Jira.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2017

No.  Because of my previous answer.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2017

Could you tell us what you are posting there?  It looks like you are sending it a search, which isn't going to work with that url, because that's  a url for fetching issue data, not the base url

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events