Jira Misc Custom Field- Calculated custom field not displayed on the screen.

Simran Kaur December 25, 2018

I have installed the Jira Misc Custom Fields and I want to display the value of a user property on  the create issue screen in JSD.

I have created a calculated custom  text field and tried to fetch the value from a custom field. Even then the field is not displayed. I created a calculated text field and tried the below mentioned formulas in the description field but none of them worked:

<!-- @@Format: issue.get("jira.meta.Alternate_Phone") -->

<!-- @@Format: issue.get("customfield_12001") -->

However, this custom field is not displayed on the Create issue. I have assigned all the 3 create, view and edit screens to this custom field. But still it is not displayed.

2 answers

2 votes
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 25, 2018

JMCF custom fields cannot currently be shown on transition (or create) screens. JMCF 2.0, which is pending validation by Atlassian, will support that though, but it's a paid upgrade.

As for your current attempt at creating a calculated field with JMCF 1.7.2, you confused @@Format: with @@Formula:. You need to specify the formula in a @@Formula: block.

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 26, 2018

Wow, didn't know it.

0 votes
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 25, 2018

Hi @Simran Kaur and welcome to our Community!

When the calculated field doesn't show up (assuming that all fields/screens etc are configured correctly) it usually means that there's something wrong with the calculation itself. When I had to troubleshoot the calculated fields' behavior I used the following addon:

JIRA Home Directory And DB Browser

It allows you to view application logs in the real time. You can catch errors and troubleshoot fields' calculation.

Hope it helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events