Jira Cloud - no add-ons or workarounds for tracking time in status?

Steve Holota December 5, 2017

I've been searching the community, looking at recommend add-ons, and potential ways to use the "Average Time in Status" gadget but still blocked.

I have a cloud instance and need a way to report on the time spent by each story in each workflow state for lead time measure from mid stream status which are within my team's control.

Has anyone found a way to report on time in status and be able to extract that along with other selected field data from a filter to excel?

Thanks in advance

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steve Holota March 21, 2019

Since posting the original question, we've moved to JIRA DC and brought in Actionable Agile Analytics as and add-on which is giving us the data points I was looking for. It's been very eye opening for those using it.

Julia Denys _SaaSJet_ August 8, 2019

Hi @Steve Holota 

In case you wanted to switch back to Jira Cloud, you could get the time in status data and be able to extract that custom report along with other selected field data from a filter to XLS and/or CSV file with Time in Status for Jira Cloud by SaaSJet.

With this add-on, you can measure: Time in Status, Status Count, Transition Count, Assignee Time, Average Time, Status Entrance Date, and Time in Status per Date (read more). 

Also, this add-on has an advanced filtering system: by project, filter, report, label, sprint, and assignee (also by issue creation, update, and resolution date).

You can create multiple calendars and exclude breaks, non-working hours or holidays.

You can view all of the reports not only as numeric reports but also as graphics (Pie, Bar and Area Charts).

Hope this might be interesting for you.

0 votes
Emre Toptancı _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 8, 2019

Hello @Steve Holota 

Our team at OBSS created Time in Status app for this exact need. It is available for Jira Cloud, Server and Data Center.

Using Time in Status you can report how much time each issue spent on each status, each assignee or even each user group. (useful for identifying bottlenecks in your process). You can also see the number of times each status or transition was used (very useful for inspecting things like reopen counts). 

You can produce reports based on the default 24/7 calendar or define your own business calendars with custom workdays and working hours. 

Also add system or custom fields as columns to your report and customize the view format of durations.

All data can be exported as XLS, XLSX, CSV.

Emre Toptancı

OBSS

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events