Jira Cloud in Teams seems to not key on issue #?

Jesse Bickel October 12, 2018

I am wondering if this a user error or bug or limitation.   Using Jira Cloud in Teams I am able to @Integration Team Find  XXX  and type a short description and it does well to find the issue. However if I use the issue number it will never pull a result. Example: @Integration Team Find C4-8943 . Where as C4-8943 is the specific issue number. Even if i use 8943 still nothing. Am I missing something?

Thank you,

1 answer

1 vote
SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2018

Hi Jesse,

Thank you for contacting us!

Regarding the issue you have mentioned we have investigated that there is a problem with the project name format as it contains numbers in the project name C4-8943.

We will continue the investigation and will inform you as soon as we have any updates.
Should you have any questions or suggestions please contact us.

Best regards,
SoftServe Support

Nick Revels November 8, 2018

We are also experiencing this same issue with Microsoft Teams for Jira Cloud. (a number in the project name) Are there any update to this issue? Note, this works in Slack.

Like # people like this
SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2018

Hi Nick,
Development team is already aware of this issue and it should be fixed as soon as possible.
Sorry for inconveniences.

Best regards,
SoftServe Support.

Nick Revels November 19, 2018

Is there an ETA for this fix?

SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2018

Hi Nick,

We have fixed the bug and now Jira bot can find issues related to a project that has numbers in its project key. 
In the personal tab, you can type the issue key, press 'Enter' and the issue card will be shown. In order to find the issue by keywords - type 'find' and then the keyword, press 'Enter' and all the issues that contain this keyword will be shown. Please see the screenshot of an example below.

It works the same way in the channel tabs but the bot should be tagged before the command (e.g. @Jira Cloud find keyword or @Jira Cloud C4-1). Please see one more screenshot of another example below.

Please try to perform these actions yourself and let us know if it works for you. 
We are waiting for your reply!

Best regards,

SoftServe Support

Like Alan Low likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events