Jira Behaviour plugin: Only disable inline-edit on fields used in behaviour(s)

Valentijn Scholten
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2012

Hello Jamie,

I notice that you managed to find a way around the inline editting thingy in JIRA 5.1 and up.

Currently when an issues has one or more behaviours, all inline editting is disabled for that issue, correct?

I have a global behaviour that applies to all issues in all projects.

It contains only two fields however.

So the current implementation of the jira behaviours plugin disables inline editing for all fields for all issues.

Would it be possible to limit the disabling to only fields in the behaviour(s)?

Or will this cause problems with dependencies?

Thanks,

Valentijn

2 answers

0 votes
Jeff Putsch April 8, 2013

Jamie,

I'd like to second Valentijn's suggestion:

A solution could be to configure the list of fields that should have inline editting disabled. Per behaviour.

This would be very helpful/useful for use and it would also prove to be an adequate solution for the dependency problems you mention.

Jeff.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2012

Hi Valentijn,

Yeah correct. I guess it would make sense to only disable inline edit for fields with behaviours... I don't know about dependencies... Let's say field B is readonly unless field A has a certain value. So only field A has a behaviour applied. With your proposal you could edit field B inline. Unless you added a dummy behaviour for field B as well, which I guess would be the way to handle this situation.

Valentijn Scholten
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2012

I was thinking about those kind of dependencies, but it looks you can't configure those in the plugin?

Even if we couldhave such a dependency, the plugin could detect that dependency?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2012

You have to write code for that kind of dependency yes, but that's a primary use case.

> Even if we couldhave such a dependency, the plugin could detect that dependency

Nope... I don't see how.

Valentijn Scholten
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 29, 2012

Ah, those damned groovy scripts;-)

A solution could be to configure the list of fields that should have inline editting disabled. Per behaviour. Or globally if easier.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events