Jira 4.4.3, Calendar 1.18.1 - unable to enable the gadget

Séb P.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2012

Hi everybody,

I have a little problem with the JIRA Calendar Plugin. It seems to be correctly installed, at least I can see it in the plugin section. The problem is that only 4 modules out of 6 are enabled, and I can't figure how to activate the two lasts. Nothing relevant appear in the log nor anywhere else.

Here is what I see in the plugin interface:

JIRA Calendar Plugin Implements calendar services for JIRA.

Plugin key:com.atlassian.jira.ext.calendar
Developer:Atlassian Pty Ltd
Plugin version:1.18.1

Manage plugin modules - 4 of 6 modules enabled.This plugin has no modules. 

Calendar Servlet(calendar)
Returns a basic i-cal file.
 Disabled

Plugin key:com.atlassian.jira.ext.calendar
Developer:Atlassian Pty Ltd
Plugin version:1.18.1

Manage plugin modules - 4 of 6 modules enabled

Calendar Servlet(calendar) ENABLED
Returns a basic i-cal file.

Issue Calendar Panel(issuecalendar-panel) ENABLED
projectpanel.issuecalendar.description

Calendar JavaScript(issues-calendar-resource-js) ENABLED

Calendar plugin REST endpoints(calendarPluginRESTEndpoints) DISABLED - module can not be modified

Issues Calendar Gadget(issuescalendar-gadget) DISABLED - module can not be modified

Calendar Plugin Gadget Upgrade Task(calendarPluginGadgetUpgradeTask) ENABLED

What may cause the problem is that I firstly installed the version 1.19 of the plugin (I didn't notice that it wasn't compatible with Jira 4.4.x) and later removed it. Does it store some data somewhere that I should delete?

Thank you all for your help!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Séb P.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2012

I tried both options, but:

1) I removed the entry, restarted Jira, and saw the plugin was disable. After the reactivation, the same problem was still there: unable to activate the gadget and the REST endpoint

2) the value was already 'true' for that property

Any other idea?

Thank you for spending time on my problem!

0 votes
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 6, 2012
If you have access to the database you could try this:

- take a backup of your system

- run this sql

delete from propertyentry where property_key like 'jira.plugin.state-.com.atlassian.jira.ext.cal%'

- restart Jira

Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 6, 2012
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 6, 2012
Instead of deleting the plugin state you could also update the state
update propertystring set propertystring.propertyvalue = 'true' where propertystring.ID IN (select ID from propertyentry where propertyentry.PROPERTY_KEY = 'jira.plugin.state-.com.atlassian.jira.ext.cal');
Séb P.
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 7, 2012

I tried your option, but the value of the key was already 'true'

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events