JiRa "search for issues" with specified participant user doesn't return all jiras the user is participant in.

We are experiencing strange problem when we try to find all issues in which user is participant.
JiRa "search for issues", with populated specific user into "participant" field, returns only several, 5-6, jiras, whereas specified user is participant in more than 100 jiras.
When we update some issue where that user is participant, but that issue wasn't listed in search before, that jira starts to shows itself next time we perform the search.

This problem emerged after we upgraded our JiRa instance from version v5.1.2 to v5.1.6

The problem become deeper when we upgraded our JiRa from v5.1.6 to v5.1.8. The search started to return only 1 issue instead of 5-6 like it was in v5.1.6.

1 answer

0 votes

Seems your indexing is broken. Try a full reindexing.

Hi Jobin,

Of course that was the first thing I tried but it didn't help.

Even I deleted whole cache directory and then I did re-index but w/o any success.

thanks for your suggestion after all

Are you seeing any errors when you do reindexing?

No at all. The only errors are due non-exeisting users and the errors for "velocity custom fields" because previous versions of the plugin had these fields.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Oct 31, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: Zephyr

Hello Atlassian Community! Each month, we run a series of Spotlights to highlight Marketplace vendors and apps that our team thinks this Community would find valuable. In last month's Spotlig...

355 views 0 1
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you